Saturday, January 17, 2009

He has grown up on us!








He is ready for work already?! I can't believe how quickly he is growing. I was trying to remember yesterday what it felt like to have him all wrapped up inside of me. I am so glad that he is here but I also miss feeling him inside. Now I see that it was the only place that I could truly protect and take care of him without worrying if he was sick or cold or hungry. I am having to rely on the Lord more than ever before in my life. With my personality it would be easy for me to worry myself sick about every little detail of Jude's life. I know that even when I don't feel like handing my fears over to God I have to choose to do so if I don't want to end up with 10 stomach ulcers! I want to be so much for him, I want his life to be perfect without any pain, and I know that this is impossible. Having a son has helped me to realize the amazing sacrifice that our Father gave when he sent his Son to die for ME. I can't imagine watching Jude suffer for anything, let alone for everything he did not do, now I understand amazing love a little better. Please pray that I learn to take things day by day and rest in the Lords care for my entire family!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Cooke Family! How are ya'll? Jude is soooo beautiful! I can't believe we all have babies! Crazy huh? And we have another one on the way which is even crazier! :)Don't you love being a mom? I really do and cherish every minute because my little baby is already 1! It makes me so sad, but happy at the same time! Well, I just wanted to say Hi! Jude is adorable!

John and Court said...

The tie is adorable!!

Jess said...

Oh my goodness I was laughing when I saw those pictures because he is so cute I just couldn't hold it in!! I am so proud of the mom you are.