Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Dad






I never could have imagined life without you here. I always have been and always will be a daddy's girl. I will always remember- Long talks. Walks on the beach holding hands. Standing on your feet to be tall enough for the roller coasters. Learning to drive. Learning to play basketball and softball. Watching movies. Date nights at all of our favorite restaurants. Shopping:). Our crazy songs."come check on me". Bible studies. Advice. Your beautiful words at mine and Collins wedding. Your hugs. Your encouragement. Feeling like a princess with you. Wedding dance. Seeing you with Jude. Your beautiful voice. Your kindness and compassion.
Thank you for teaching me-To respect myself. To communicate. Love. To put others before myself. To laugh. That it's ok to cry. To do the pretzel:). To believe that I can do anything I put my mind to. To be expressive. To be honest. To love the Lord. To grieve over loss but find joy in knowing how perfect heaven is.
Love you daddy.

1 comment:

The Caywoods said...

David Barton was a beautiful soul, Ashley. (Thank you so much for making me cry at work!!) We love you and continue to pray for you and your family. Love you and miss you all!
Nikki and David